The Sony Xperia 10 II has been added to the company’s Open Device program, which is a great resource for ROM developers looking to build AOSP software for the phone or to port custom ROMs.
There’s one hurdle to clear first – Sony is yet to enable bootloaded unlocking for the Xperia 10 II. That can’t be far off, however, as without unlocking the bootloader, there’s no way to flash a custom ROM.
Anyway, Sony also updated the Android 10 binaries for the old Xperia 10 and 10 Plus models, the Xperia 1 and 5 flagships (again, the 2019 versions) as well as several older devices.
2020-06-15: Updated AOSP Android 10.0 binaries (Kernel 4.14) for:
- Xperia 10II (Seine)
- Xperia XZ Premium, Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact (Yoshino)
- Xperia XA2 and Xperia XA2 Ultra (Nile)
- Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ2 Compact and Xperia XZ3 (Tama)
- Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus (Ganges)
- Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 (Kumano)
For all devices: Various cleanup and improvements to reduce the used space.